A parent/legal guardian, who plans to conduct an independent home school during the current school year, must notify the local public director of schools prior to the beginning of the school year. To be eligible to conduct the independent home school, for grades K-12, the parent/legal guardian must possess a high school diploma or GED.

     Parents or guardians who teach K-12 home schools where the students are enrolled in a church-related school supervised by the school’s director are exempt from this notification. The student will be registered and enrolled with the church-related school only.

     Registration forms for the Independent Home School in the Huntingdon Special School District are available at the Huntingdon Board of Education Office, 585 High Street. For more information, contact Dr. Steve Peery at 986-2222.